Doing Business with Pitt is a no-cost informational session for small businesses to learn about gaining contracts with the University of Pittsburgh system.
This program will help business owners to:
- Better understand the overall purchasing process
- Learn how to qualify to become a potential supplier to the University
- Create awareness to market and sell within the University community
Hear from representatives of the following departments:
- Supplier Diversity & Sustainability Coordinator
- Associate Vice Chancellor, Financial Operations, CFO
- Business Opportunity Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Executive Director of University Stores and Strategic Initiatives
- Contract Administration & Procurement, Facilities Management Division
- Associate Athletic Director of Business Services
- IT Sourcing and Vendor Relationship Manager
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners who are currently doing business with Pitt but wish to increase their volume
- Business owners that have an interest in working with the University community
Funding support and resources are provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community and Economic Development; through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, and through support from the University of Pittsburgh. All services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Special arrangements for persons with disabilities can be made by calling (412) 648-1542. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. SBDC services are not available to individuals or entities that have been debarred or suspended by the federal government. By agreeing to receive assistance from the SBDC you are self-certifying that you are not currently federally debarred or suspended and also agree to cease using SBDC services if you become federally debarred or suspended in the future.