One issue confronts all entrepreneurs: How to disagree with key stakeholders — when walking away isn’t an option. Business owners understand that conflict can lead to innovation and growth. But even with the best of intentions, many of us react automatically and emotionally, making communication blunders that take a toll on our professional and personal lives.
The groundbreaking work of Drs. Glaser offers evidence-based, tangible skills for turning high stakes conversations into solved problems, strengthened relationships and deepened trust — especially when emotions are high and the outcome is vital. The goal: enhanced productivity, employee retention, interpersonal cohesion and financial performance.
BreakThrough Conflict unlocks the skills to navigate life’s difficult conversations. Grounded in over 35 years of our published research, this evidence-based learning program transforms conflict into creative problem solving and stronger, more resilient relationships.
Learn tangible skills and practical tips for talking about difficult issues:
- Transform criticism from triggering to trust-building.
- Teach people about problem behavior, without getting them defensive.
- Raise difficult issues that simultaneously solve problems and strengthen relationships.
- Create individual and team habits of gratitude and recognition.
- Transform the organization’s culture from avoidance to positive engagement.
- Listen to understand, before reacting.
- Reduce the lag time between noticing a problem and discussing it.
- Create trust from conflict