The Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence (IEE), part of the University of Pittsburgh’s Innovation Institute, has served business throughout Western Pennsylvania for over 20 years.
Offering a dynamic mix of consulting, education, and networking opportunities, the IEE strives to be an innovative leader in economic development in the region.
Our approach features a dynamic mix of programs and services, including:
- Monthly workshops and special seminars for entrepreneurs interested in starting a new business or growing their existing business
- Customized consulting to help emerging leaders and seasoned professionals leverage strengths and overcome challenges related to financing, information technology, marketing, succession planning and governance
- Educational programs featuring internationally-known experts who share cutting-edge information about new trends, practices and innovative models that can be immediately applied in pursuit of business goals such as improving sales performance, launching new products or attracting and retaining good workers
- Mentoring and professionally-led peer forums that meet in an environment of confidentiality to explore business, family and personal aspects of operating a business
- Special initiatives to promote the revitalization of Pittsburgh’s economy by supporting urban pioneers who run businesses in inner city neighborhoods
- Social events to promote networking among business leaders
We consider it a great privilege and an honor to support businesses at every stage of development, and are grateful for the generous financial support we receive from individuals, families, companies, and foundations committed to making this region a great place for entrepreneurs.